Earlier this year, CVS received a six-figure fine by state regulators in Oklahoma. In an audit, the officers found an error rate of nearly 22 percent, or 66 errors out of 305 prescriptions.
- Incorrect dosage management to adjust to a patient’s changed condition
- Prescribing medications that conflict with other prescribed medications and cause adverse reactions in patients
- Distributing the wrong medication, dosage, or pill count, or dispensing a prescription to the wrong patient
- Prescribing medications that conflict with a patient’s pre-existing illnesses or allergies and cause adverse reactions
- Inaccurate or incomplete medical advice when distributing medication to a drugstore customer
Atlanta, Georgia Pharmacy Malpractice Attorney
Pharmacy malpractice such as mis-filled prescriptions, medication dosage errors, and incorrect instructions have caused strokes, heart attacks, elevated blood pressure, overdoses, and wrongful death in patients. If you or a family member became sick or had an existing illness worsen because of a prescription error, drugstore mistake, or other pharmacy malpractice, you need an experienced attorney to help you prepare your case. Contact North Atlanta Injury Law today to evaluate your claim, call (770) 988-4000 or text (404) 477-HELP.
Serving these Georgia Cities
Acworth, Alpharetta, Atlanta, Augusta, Buford, Canton, Chamblee, Chattahoochee Hills, Clarkston, College Park, Columbus, Decatur, Doraville, Dunwoody, East Point, Fairburn, Forest Park, Franklinton, Hapeville, Johns Creek, Jonesboro, Kennesaw, Lake City, Lawrenceville, Lithonia, Lizella, Lovejoy, Mableton, Macon, Marietta, Milton, Morrow, Mountain Park, Norcross, Palmetto, Payne, Pine Lake, Powder Springs, Riverdale, Roswell, Savannah, Sandy Springs, Smyrna, Sofkee, Stone Mountain, Tucker, Union City, Walden, and Woodstock, Georgia.